Tuesday 24 June 2014

WIP Stalingrad 1942 German machine gun team vignette, 1/35 offering from Jaguar

Returned to the hobby after taking a long break due to work. Was cleaning out the "shelf of shame" at home and I found myself staring at this vignette from Jaguar and decided to give it another go to see if I can salvage anything from it. Spent 2 rather inspired nights poking my paintbrushes at the faces. 


Appearance of the faces after 2 nights of dabbling with the paintbrush. On the 2nd night, the final highlights and deep shadows were added. Also attempted to blend the different areas to try to achieve a smoth transition between the various shades. A far cry from works of the great master but happy with it for now.

Re-attempt at the faces after months of studying the master, Calvin Tan's works. The appearance of the faces in the photo above was after 1 night of Calvin-inspired painting. 

The appearance of the vignette's figures as I found it. It was left untouched for a number of years on the shelf of shame. I never got beyond my poor painting of the faces and gave up trying then.







No comments:

Post a Comment